We have a nursery in the school catering for 80 children in the Elgin Academy Associated School Group catchment area. Children can be enrolled during the month of January for joining the nursery class at the start of the next school session.
Places are allocated according to the criteria laid down by The Moray Council with priority being given to children in their immediate pre-school year.
The parents of children who have been allocated a place are invited to participate in the induction procedures during the summer term. A separate Nursery handbook with additional information is available on request.
You will be aware that the Policy for Admission to Pre-School Education is currently being consulted on.
However, the current policy is:
Priority is given to children resident within the same secondary school catchment as the pre-school provision. Where the requested place is managed by the Headteacher, children already having a sibling in attendance is given priority i.e. a 3 year old with a sibling at primary school has priority over a 4 year old with no sibling at the school.
When offering funded pre-school places, centres use the following criteria:
- Existing attendance at the centre.
- Those resident in the secondary catchment area, and with a sibling at the centre.
- Those resident in the secondary catchment area.
- Children with a record of special educational needs, and/or subject to assessment by the Education Authority.
- Those residing out with the secondary catchment area, and with a sibling at the centre.
- Those residing out with the secondary catchment area.